Saturday, February 20, 2010

morning bliss


I love being a mother.. for many reasons, but this morning around 6 Emma woke up crying "mommy" so I went and laid next to her to help her fall back asleep (which she did until about 9:30) but before she fell asleep she put her nose right up to mine, cuddled with me, gave me kisses and big smiles when I gave her eskimo kisses and stroked my cheek with her soft hand. I watched her sleep for a while before I got up again. Now I am entertained watching her make a breakfast mess. She ate most of her pancakes and is dipping a paper towel into her orange juice and "cleaning" her face with the orange juiced paper towel. It will be bath time soon enough. I love mothering my sweet Emma Jane.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Aww! I love it. I feel this way all the time too! Isn't it the sweetest when they stroke your cheek like that?